Why should I use UNMETERED.WebSite Hosting?
There are countless reasons, amongst them : Incredibly Scalable Infrastructure, Great Support, Fully Managed Security and more. Good for almost everyone : so who shouldn't use this service?
I just signed up for Hosting. When will my account be ready?
Although our administration is software managed, new accounts are security screened as they are received 24 / 7 / 365 by our accounts team ; service provisioning should be completed within four (4) hours of order placement.
I already have an UNMETERED.IO account. What to do now?
If you check inside ClientArea : do you have a hosting service package? If not, order one to get started!
How can I cancel my account?
This is incredlibly easy, just login to your ClientArea account and click on the respective service package ; there should be a "Request Cancellation" button on the top right. It's that easy!
Can I have a free trial?
Sure, we can do a week. Feel free to signup to the desired hosting package and select "Check / Money Order" as payment method, we'll update the billing date on the invoice to start a week from signup at time of activation.
Are there limits?
Server resources like CPU, RAM, etc. are shared with other websites in a shared web hosting environment. While your website may have unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth, it will have a generous yet limited access.
What if I exceed my limitation of storage, users or projects?
What happens if I exceed "normal" usage? If we have concerns about your account's bandwidth or storage space utilization, you will receive an email asking you to reduce usage. Generally, we provide customers with a minimum of 48 hours to make adjustments before taking the account offline. Again, the most common situations involve customers who use their accounts for storage of files—particularly multimedia files—that are not linked off of their websites. It is very rare for a customer who is managing a personal or small business website to exceed normal usage.
What is not allowed on UNMETERED.WebSite?
- Backups : You are not allowed to use your account to store backups of your computer, smartphones, handheld devices, etc. Please use Dropbox, Apple, Google, etc. for storing backups of your devices.
- Photo and Video backups : You are not allowed to store mass-backups of photos and videos in an unlimited account. This service is also provided by Dropbox, Apple, Google, etc.
- Shared account : You are not allowed to use your account to provide web hosting to your friends or others for profit : you are allowed to share with family and friends. To commercially host websites, please upgrade to Reseller Hosting.
- File Sharing : You are not allowed to use your account for sharing any types of files.
- Streaming : You are not allowed to host streaming content from your account.